BedfordKids was founded by Robin in the summer of 2003. As a parent of a busy child, Robin wanted to organize all sorts of information, from children’s activities and local events to family-friendly restaurants, parenting resources, and useful web sites. She started by emailing friends and collecting local child-centered happenings in the Bedford community and expanded the responses into a web site. She also created the BedfordKids Yahoo Group as an online community resources local parents. In 2011, Robin passed the torch on to Jenny.
If you have any suggestions, calendar listings, or resources to add to BedfordKids, please email Jenny.
You can support this website and our local business community by purchasing goods and services advertised on this web site and on the Sponsorspage. Support BedfordKids by letting these companies know you’ve seen their ads here. If you want exposure for your business, contact Jenny to advertise on the BedfordKids web site.
Jenny is an at home mom of three kids. She maintains websites for a handful of local businesses and organizations. Her favorite places in Bedford are the Library and the walking/hike/biking trails. She took over BedfordKids.com and moderating the BedfordKids Yahoo Group from Robin in 2011. Jenny has a craft blog with another local mom.
Some of Robin’s Projects:
- Genealogy Ink
- Union County, New Jersey, USGenWeb (genealogy web site)
Make a Difference!
Here are a few links to organizations that Jenny and Robin believe in:
- Friends for Matty Foundation A non-profit organization helping kids with neuroblastoma or other childhood cancers and those who support them.
- PMC Bedford Kids Ride A non-profit organization benefiting Dana Farber Cancer Institute and its Jimmy Fund, that teaches kids about philanthropy through fun and community events.
- ALS Association (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease).
- Student Conservation Association: Internships and summer programs at national parks. The SCA offers an amazing work experience. Through the SCA, Robin spent 13 weeks at Mesa Verde National Park, cataloging artifacts, and every weekend she explored ancient Native American ruins in the Four Corners area.